Do you ever look at some people and think “Gee, everything always works out for them.” Do you ever wonder about how to be like that yourself?
There are lots of programs and books and blog posts on how to effectively set goals or use the law of attraction or manifest your desires. It’s easy to get lost in the sea of information and feel like you are getting nowhere.
I remember that feeling. It’s a mix of overwhelm and too much data.
But then I started to take action. And I learned a few things along the way.
- Be really clear on what you want to create. Know the details. Know how it works with the rest of your life. Find out about potential problems before you even have “the thing.” And keep clarifying. You may think you want a 3000 square foot, 5 bedroom house. But then when you really investigate the cleaning and the maintenance is more than you are really willing to take on.
- Ask for it. Pray about it. Ask God or the Universe or your Higher Power for what you want.
- Trust. You need to believe your dreams and goals are possible.
- Address the negativity. Everyone has blocks to what the want to create. What are yours? Is it a self belief that you aren’t worthy of it? Or that it is too hard to get to? Write down why you don’t think you will get what you want …. and come up with practical solutions to fix those issues.
- Take action. You can’t just sit on the couch and expect the law of attraction to bring everything to you. If you want to be on television, start meeting people on television. Find out what people who do what you want to do did to get there. Follow the path.
- Be grateful for the signs. Keep track of the small, serendipitous things that happen. Meeting the right person, getting the best parking spot, everything small working out for you. Notice and express your gratitude.
- Reflect on the magic. Review your goals and celebrate your achievements. It’s human nature to keep our eye on the next best thing. But by reflecting on what we have already created and accomplished, we will increase our faith in ourselves to get to the next step.
I’m putting together a short 21 day program on making magic happen in your life. Find out more details here.